“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers--strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
Barbara Katz Rothman
What is a doula?
The term "doula" refers to a trained professional who provides education, physical, and emotional support to a mother before, during, and after birth. A doulas job is to provide comprehensive care for pregnancy, birth, and early parenting.
What are the benefits of a doula?
- reduces stress and anxiety
- shorter births
- less likely to use pitocin
- less likely to request pain meds or epidural
- less likely to have csection
- less likely for baby to be admitted into nicu
- greater chances of breastfeeding
- mothers feel empowered, supported, and
- lower chance of postpartum depression
- decrease in negative childbirth experiences
- provides physical comfort such as massage and breathing techniques
- educates birthing family before, during, and after labor
- supports loved ones
- facilitates communication between birthing family and hospital staff
What is included + how much does it cost?
Royal Treatmeant Package
- 3 prenatal appts
- weekly prenatal yoga classes/poses
- birth support
- lactation support
- 2 postpartum visits
- discounted placenta care